“I hope that you will have a wonderful year, that you’ll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you’ll make something that didn’t exist before you made it, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. And, most importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now), that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind.”
It’s absolutely crazy to me that we only have 3 more days left in 2017! The year flew by and it was honestly my best year yet. I grew as a person, surrounded myself with family and the best friends, and started The Style Initiative! I took the cliched saying “new year, new me” and ran with it! If I can do it–I’m almost certain you can too!
At the very beginning of 2017, I read Chasing Slow: Courage to Journey Off the Beaten Path by Erin Loechner and I plan on reading it again in 2018. It has such good information in it for you and it really opened my eyes. I highly recommend reading this book!
I made a list of my personal resolutions/goals and I wanted to share them with you all! It helps me to write things down so I can be held accountable.
- GET RID OF EXCUSES!
- Create, create, create! Whether it be blog content or DIY projects
- Read more books!
- Stop snoozing in the AM!
- Allow space for the unknown (I’m a planner down to my soul)
- Travel more (Denver, somewhere in Europe)
- Transform/decorate my apartment
- Run weekly to train for the OKC Memorial Half Marathon!
- Take my parents to a concert (I’m sure it’s been awhile for them LOL)
- Have the ability to let go of things I cannot control
- Grow my blog
- Get in the mindset of not comparing myself to others and be happy within myself
- More “me” time. Believe it or not but “No” is actually a complete sentence.
- Meet someone? May or may not happen but I will be just fine either way.
- Become the most positive and enthusiastic person I know I can be.
“Whatever happened over the past year, be thankful for where it brought you. Where you are is where you’re meant to be.”–Author Unknown
“Sometimes, when we’re not looking for what we want, we find what we need.” #chasingslow
What are your New Year’s Resolutions and goals? Comment below!